The Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS) Web Chat is a live online conversation with a professional counsellor. The service is free, confidential and open to anyone affected by alcohol and other drugs, including people concerned about their own use, or about a family member or friend. Web chat is only available for people living in NSW.
The service is provided by ADIS at St Vincent's Hospital, in partnership with the NSW Ministry of Health.
What to expect
- A counsellor will chat with you about your alcohol or other drug concerns
- A counsellor can provide a referral or contact information for relevant alcohol and drug services in NSW
- Our chat is confidential unless you disclose any intention to harm yourself or others.
- WebChat is provided in English however if you prefer to speak in a language other than English we would be happy to arrange a telephone call with you through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National). Please call the Alcohol and Drug Information Service on 1800 250 015 to arrange this.
Call Emergency Services on
000 if you:
- require urgent medical attention or
- are in immediate danger or
- are at risk of harming yourself or someone else.