1300 DRIVER provides education, information, one-off and ongoing support, and referrals for long haul truck drivers and their families with issues related to health, wellbeing, stress, anxiety, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
1300 DRIVER (1300 374837) is anonymous, confidential and staffed by experienced health professionals 24 hours per day, seven days a week. Calls from landlines and mobile phones are the cost of a standard call.
The service is for long haul truck drivers who:
- have questions or experience issues related to alcohol, tobacco or other drugs
- struggle with managing sleep, long hours, alertness and thinking about stimulants
- experience problems relaxing and getting sleep when home
- struggle with thinking about substances as a way to come down
- experience anxiety and stress issues as a result of the job demands
- changing smoking habits to meet work demands
1300 DRIVER is available via telephone on 1300 DRIVER (1300 374837), Twitter and online at 1300DRIVER.org.au.