For the cost of a local call (except from mobiles), professional Quitline advisors provide encouragement and support to help you cut down, quit smoking or stay quit. Quitline also offers multilingual services.
Call Quitline to:
- Request a free quit kit
- Talk to the specially trained telephone advisors
- Take part in the free callback service, where advisors ring back to support you while you are quitting
- Give you information and advice about quitting smoking
- Help you assess your level of nicotine dependence
- Provide strategies on preparing to quit and staying quit
- Provide information on products and services to help you quit
- Encourage and support you in your quit attempts
- Assist you to work with lapses or relapse
13 7848 (13 QUIT) Monday to Friday 7.00am – 10.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9.00am – 5.00pm and Public Holidays 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Outside these hours you can leave a message with your name and contact phone number and a Quitline Advisor will call you back.
Calls from landlines and mobile phones are the cost of a standard call.
Support to quit
Callers can phone the following numbers to speak with a Quitline Advisor in their own language or to leave a message to be called back in their own language. Message instructions are given in the appropriate language.