Community Drug Action Teams (CDATs) are informal groups of community members, Local Health Districts, and representatives from other government and non-government agencies who volunteer to work together on alcohol and other drugs issues affecting their local community. There are more than 70 CDATs across NSW.
NSW Health has supported the CDAT Program since its creation in 1999.
Commencing January 2021, an Odyssey House NSW-led consortium will manage the CDAT Program. Karralika Programs, Bila Muuji Aboriginal Corporation Health Service and The Buttery are also members of the consortium. The program was previously managed by the Alcohol & Drug Foundation from 2013 to December 2020.
Visit the CDAT page which has recently been launched by the consortium.
Want to make a difference to alcohol and other drug use in your community?
- Applications open February 15, 2021
- Applications close March 12, 2021
- Official announcement April 2021
Who is eligible?
- You must have a designated Lead Organisation who will be responsible for the governance of the CDAT and be the primary contact for the CDAT
- You must have a focus on prevention to reduce AOD related harm in community
- You must meet the assessment criteria below
The NSW CDAT Consortium will conduct a review of all applications using the following criteria:
- Priority focus area
- Demonstrated local need (local evidence of key issues, target audience)
- Partnership (demonstrated ability to collaborate, sustainability of previous partnerships, expertise, skills and capacity to influence)
- Community involvement and consultation
- Experience or expertise; and capacity to deliver quality outcomes.
When the applications have been assessed and confirmed, Applicants will be notified of the outcome.
Apply for funding here
If you would like further information on the CDAT Program, please contact the consortium at email@example.com
Tell us about your team
The consortium is keen to know a little about your successes and challenges, and how you'd like them to best support and communicate with you right now and over the coming years. Please take a few minutes to complete a short survey and tell them what is most important to you and your CDAT team.