ADIS Web Chat is currently offline for maintenance, we apologise for any inconvenience.
Please call our helpline on 1800 250 015 for assistance.
The Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS) Web Chat is a live online conversation with a professional counsellor. The service is free, confidential and open to anyone affected by alcohol and other drugs, including people concerned about their own use, or about a family member or friend. Web chat is only available for people living in NSW.
The service is provided by ADIS at St Vincent's Hospital, in partnership with the NSW Ministry of Health.
What to expect
- A counsellor will chat with you about your alcohol or other drug concerns
- A counsellor can provide a referral or contact information for relevant alcohol and drug services in NSW
To start a web chat counselling session read and accept the 'Terms and Conditions of Use' below.
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a drug and alcohol counsellor over the phone, please call the National Alcohol and Other Drug helpline on
1800 250 015 which will direct you to your state service. The helpline is available 24/7 for anonymous and confidential support.
Call Emergency Services on 000 if you:
- require urgent medical attention or
- are in immediate danger or
- are at risk of harming yourself or someone else.