People with lived experience of alcohol and other drug (AOD) use are invited to apply for a new working group to help provide advice and recommendations to the Centre for Alcohol and Other Drugs' (CAOD) Strategic Research and Evaluation team and to CAOD more broadly.
The newly established Consumer Informed AOD Research and Analysis (CIARA) Working Group aims to support and facilitate meaningful engagement between the Strategic Research and Evaluation team and people with lived experience of alcohol and other drugs use.
The group will support the critical role of AOD consumers and carers in ensuring that research, analysis and evaluation activities deliver high-quality evidence-based AOD programs and services to improve the health and well-being of people at risk of, or experiencing harms from AOD use.
Expressions of interest are currently open to fill six working group positions. The CAOD is seeking expressions of interest from people with lived experience of AOD use, including people who:
• Have a strong interest in research and evaluation; OR
• Have experience as a consumer or carer representative on governance
• Identify as a member of a priority population, including people of Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander descent; gender and sexuality diverse communities,
and culturally and linguistically diverse communities; OR
• Represent AOD Community Organisations.
How to Apply
Please submit your expression of interest by Friday 19th November 2021. In your
application, please outline:
• how you meet one or more of the above criteria;
• the reasons for your interest; and
• your experience with and/or connections to other consumer and community networks or organisations.
Applications will be assessed as received and against the above criteria and EOI content by a CAOD Strategic Research and Evaluation panel Further opportunities for engagement outside of the posted timeframe may be available. Further information can be found in the attached terms of reference, including details of remuneration.
For any enquiries, or to submit your application, please email Lexi Buckfield at